To obtain a Vietnam Visa US citizens can opt for a visa on arrival that generally takes around two business days to approve a 30 day single entry visa. This is a much simpler version of visa and most of the people who apply for it qualify without any hassle.
There are certain eligibility criterions for US citizens that help them to apply and qualify for Vietnam visa on arrival. These are as listed below:
- When a U.S. citizen needs to attend the funeral or a family member or needs to visit a family member who is in a critical health condition.
- When the said citizen is arriving from a country where there is no diplomatic mission or Vietnamese consular office.
- When the citizen needs to visit Vietnam on tours that have been organized by the Vietnamese International Travel Agencies.
- If there is a need to assist in emergency technical situations like construction work etc.
- To provide emergency relief to accident victims or in cases of natural disasters or epidemics.
- Other miscellaneous cases of emergency.
A number of tourism agencies will help you to prepare a letter that will make you eligible for a visa on arrival. The time to get your letter verified and approved can be quite lengthy because multiple flights land at the same time.
You could also have certain privacy concerns since the visa on arrival letter shows the names of other applicants as well. One could easily find out your first and last name, passport number, date of birth, nationality and dates of entry or exit to and from the country. While this may not be a cause of concern for many, it could certainly be a cause of concern if you prefer keeping personal information hidden from the public eye.